“Young Hollywood Actors” features a close-up look at tons of our favorite Disney Channel stars.
Did you know that Dove Cameron’s mom, Bonnie Wallace, is a total authority on helping young actors succeed in following their dreams? Not only has she dedicated a “Hollywood Parents Guide” book, her “Hometown to Hollywood” podcast, and a corresponding website to the behind-the-scenes of show business, but now she has released a new book called “Young Hollywood Actors.” This new project is all about sharing how some of the top stars of the moment first broke into the biz, and where their journeys all started.
The book features personal stories and interviews with tons of Dove’s friends and fellow Disney Channel stars, like her boyfriend Thomas Doherty, plus Cameron Boyce, Sarah Jeffery, Booboo Stewart, Brenna D’Amico, and Dylan Playfair from the “Descendants” movies; Jessica Marie Garcia, Joey Bragg, and Victoria Moroles from “Liv and Maddie,”; Garrett Clayton from “Hairspray: Live!”; and Luke Benward from “Cloud 9.”
To celebrate the new book release, we’re rounding up 10 of our favorite star tidbits we’ve learned from reading it!
1. As a kid, Dove wanted to be a fashion designer, lawyer, and actor — all at once!
2. Brenna started out taking acting classes to overcome shyness, and she quickly fell in love with it!
3. Garrett says he learned how to sing in order to do a stage production of “Beauty and the Beast.”
4. Growing up, Dylan always saw himself as becoming a professional hockey player.
5. Luke’s first movie was “We Were Soldiers,” when he was only 5. Since it was rated R, he didn’t even see the film until he was grown up!
6. When he was 12, Booboo followed his sister to a Disney group audition — and booked a gig opening for the Jonas Brothers.
7. Growing up, Thomas felt it wasn’t “cool” to be pursuing singing, dancing, and acting — so he had a secret “double life” as the school soccer player.
8. No matter what set he’s ever been on, Cameron has tried to learn the behind-the-scenes process: he’s always asking questions of producers, directors, grips, etc.!
9. Jessica says she wasn’t picked for performing roles in her early school plays, but she stayed involved with tech, sound, and wardrobe to prove her talents.
10. One of the craziest parts of this whole career for Sarah? She says it was walking into Target and seeing her “Descendants” character doll.
You’ll find tons more captivating stories and gems of wisdom in “Young Hollywood Actors,” so make sure to check it out!
Written by Kristine Hope Kowalski