From Marteen to Maeta, these musicians are moments away from superstardom
One of the best things about social media is the ability to discover new music you love before it goes mainstream, like the first time we heard Billie Eilish.
And Why Don’t We!
Over the past two years, both acts have become household names. And today, we’re rounding up tomorrow’s superstars. Meet them now!
1. We got hooked on Bay Area native Marteen’s music when we first heard “Sriracha” and he’s been blessing us with bops ever since:
2. Carlie Hanson found a fan in Troye Sivan and hit the road with him on his Fall tour.
3. We’re obsessed with the covers Maeta records in her bedroom and hope to hear some new original tunes very soon:
4. She’s also found a fan in the next artist on our list, Kylie Cantrall. The pair posted this collab when Kylie was on tour with Jacob Sartorius in Indiana just last week!
5. Grant Knoche is a songwriter and producer whose cover of Shawn Mendes’ “Perfectly Wrong” is actually perfectly right.
6. Will Jay consistently crafts songs that are complete pop perfection, and we think it’s about time for an Asian-American popstar:
7. We first discovered Fletcher by way of her bop “War Paint,” but watch below to truly appreciate her vocals:
8. Speaking of insane vocals, are you following Tommy on Instagram?
9. Back in July, Kiana Lede released her EP, “Selfless” and it’s been playing on repeat ever since:
10. And last, but not least, is Brynn Elliot, who somehow balanced a Harvard University course load *and* playing 70 concerts a year.
Who are your favorite up-and-coming artists? Tweet us @ysbnow!