From 5H to Destiny’s Child, you’ll love this power playlist!
There is no stronger power than #GIRLPOWER!
Want to be inspired? Here are 6 songs by some extremely talented and fierce females that will make you proud to be a young woman. Remember: Girls can do anything boys can do. Just like these songs say, you are strong, smart and capable of changing the world!
1. “Take A Hint” from Victorious is all about standing up for yourself and telling someone who is making you uncomfortable by repeatedly hitting on you to S-T-O-P. Cat calling and other unwanted advances are sexual harassment and totally not cool!
2. “Independent Women Pt. 1” by Destiny’s Child celebrates strong, fearless ladies who depend on themselves and no one else! It’s not easy being independent, but the rewards that come along with hard work are totally worth it.
3. “That’s My Girl” by Fifth Harmony deals with picking yourself back up and staying fearless even things get tough. This song is so empowering, it’s being used to promote the 2016 Rio Olympic games!
4. “No” by Meghan Trainor tells us that we don’t owe anybody, anything and are completely allowed to say “no” to someone asking us to do things we don’t want to do because finding a BF/GF should never be your priority!
5. “BO$$” by Fifth Harmony encourages girls all over the world to make their goals and aspirations a reality by putting in the effort. As 5H shows us in the music video, “dreams don’t work unless you do.” Don’t let anyone hold you back!
6. “Ain’t Your Mama” by Jennifer Lopez is a reminder that girls are much more than their stereotypes. “I’m ain’t going to be cooking all day” and “I’m ain’t going to do your laundry” because women can be ANYTHING!
7. Katy Perry’s “Rise” is the first song she’s released in a couple of years. But it was TOTALLY worth the wait. In the inspiring ballad, she sings, “I won’t just survive – Oh, you will see me thrive.”
YAS! Remember you’re so strong – and you’re so beautiful now!