From backyard Quidditch to owls in the subway, you’ve gotta see ’em all!
Harry Potter is BACK!…well sort of. This week, the fandom freaked when a new trailer for HP spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them was unveiled. Set 70 years before the events of the original series, the film sees English Wizard Newt Scarmander (played by Eddie Redmayne) travel to New York in search of the titular beasts. Check it out:
To celebrate the movie, we’ve compiled a list of “Harry Potter” moments that happened IRL:
1. Owls probably don’t belong on muggle public transport:
2. Quidditch isn’t nearly as fun when it’s played in your backyard:
3. The Dursely’s house is currently for sale, complete with tiny bedroom under the stairs. Do you think the owner was overwhelmed by Hogwarts invites every September?!
4. Somebody give this baby a sock!
5. If your witch oyster wand fails, a metrocard will do the trick:
6. Snape and Dumbledore were much more cheerful IRL:
7. Wingardium Bern-iosa:
“Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them” hits theaters November 1!