These pairings (and their resulting tracks) are music to our ears (and hearts)!
We love when celebs use their fame to help give back to the community and make a positive impact in the world. Check out our top 6 inspiring, hopeful and heartbreaking tunes that were written to tell real world stories and raise money for important charities. Give ’em a listen and donate by downloading if you can!
1. Jennifer Lopez and Lin-Manuel Miranda’s “Love Make The World Go Round” is about LGBTQ+ pride and was released for the victims of the Orlando shooting. All proceeds of this track go to a Hispanic Federation for the Somos Orlando Fund.
2. Zendaya, Missy Elliott, & more fierce females sang “This Is For My Girls” for Michelle Obama’s Let Girls Learn foundation, which helps girls around the world access the education they deserve.
3. Remember when the JoBros, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato came together for “Send It On,” a song for Disney’s Friend For Change project? They teamed up to help raise awareness for environmental issues.
4. A short time later, Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato (who were dating at the time!) teamed up for “Make A Wave,” a tune for the same cause.
5. Taylor Swift penned “Ronan” based on a blog she read about Ronan Thompson, a four-year-old boy who died of cancer in 2011. Taylor credited Ronan’s mother, the blog’s author, as a writer of the song. All the proceeds went to Stand Up to Cancer.
6. Victoria Monet and Ariana Grande released “Better Days” in support of the #BlackLivesMatter movement. Take a listen on SoundCloud:
7. And just last month, Beyonce released a remix of “Mi Gente” by J Balvin and Willy Williams. “I am donating my proceeds from this song to hurricane relief charities for Puerto Rico, Mexico and the other affected Caribbean islands,” she shared.
We love ALL these songs, but remember, you don’t have to be famous to make a difference. To find ways you can give back in your community, visit volunteermatch.org.