Plus, “The Voice” alum spills 7 things you didn’t know about her!
On the latest season of The Voice, 16-year-old LiLi Joy impressed judges with her soulful rendition of Gwen Stefani’s “Cool.”
Now, she’s releasing her latest single, “Float” and we’ve got the exclusive world premiere! Check it out:
“‘Float’ is a pure love song about deeply admiring someone who doesn’t yet love themselves,” LiLi tells us.
“The song is a beckon to escape the world of caring about other people’s opinions of you; leave behind your insecurities and help the person to realize the beauty they hold even in the ‘bad’ parts of themselves.”
We love the message as much as we love the song! LiLi also shared 7 fun facts about herself:
1. I love sweet potatoes!
2. I’m obsessed with biology & science.
3. My zodiac sign is Pisces!
4. I love grammar and vocabulary (just nerd things)
5. As a child, I had an unhealthy obsession with becoming a fairy and/or mermaid:
6. I would do ANYTHING for Taco Bell to release a vegetarian version of the Doritos Locos Taco.
7. I named my hairless cat Casper after the animated friendly ghost (I love him to death)
Be sure to follow LiLi Joy on Instagram (all links above) and stay tuned for her debut EP, “Colours You Can’t See,” which will be released on August 14th!