Over the past seven years, Shawn Mendes has gone from a Toronto teen singing in his bedroom to being a lesser-known social media star on the MagCon tour to performing at sold-out stadiums all over the world. His secret to success? Staying real. “Don’t stop being yourself and don’t stop loving yourself for who you are,” he shares.
Let’s take a look at some of Shawn’s very first social media posts – it’s so inspiring to see how he started out just like you – and to see far he’s come!
1. We know you’ve totally taken a pic like this:
2. We love how Shawn’s close with his mom – Family is so important!
3. Remember when he covered Hunter Hayes?
4. And we love this collab he did with a pal:
5. This cover happened SIX years ago!
6. Yep, he could have totally sat behind you in Math class:
7. He’s always had a great sense of humor:
8. He was just a regular high school student:
9. Who had the courage to share his passion:
10. And the rest is history for this Grammy-nominated artist:
We love you, Shawn!