These fierce females are seriously slaying the stage and screen
Today is World Down Syndrome Day, and we are celebrating the incredible roles people with Down Syndrome play in communities across the globe. Down Syndrome is a condition in which a person is born with an extra chromosome, making them differently-abled.
In honor of World Down Syndrome Day, we’re celebrating our favorite stars who have DS.
Check it out!
1. With her scene-stealing role in “Glee,” Lauren Potter soared to superstardom:
When she’s not on set, Lauren volunteers with organizations like AbilityPath, Best Buddies International, and the Special Olympics.
2. In less than five years, Sarah Grace’s YouTube channel has racked up over 100 million views! We love her latest slime vid!
Sarah Grace’s starring role in her big bro, Matty B’s, cover of “True Colors,” sends such an important message – and it made international news headlines! Take a look:
3. Madeline Stuart is the first international supermodel with Down Syndrome. “I deserve to be treated the same as every other model,” she says. “I work as hard as anyone else.” YAS!
4. Kate Grant is also making waves in modeling and at Fashion Weeks across the globe!
Get to know her better in this inspiring interview below!
5. Last but most definitely not least? Jamie Brewer, who steals the show on “American Horror Story” and also guest starred on “Switched At Birth.”
Jamie is an advocate for differently-abled people and made history when she became the first model with Down syndrome to walk the runway at New York Fashion Week!
We can’t wait to see Jamie in her two upcoming projects, “Turnover,” which also stars Riker Lynch, and “Snow Moon,” with BooBoo Stewart! We love you, Jamie! Watch our exclusive interview with Jamie below.