In an exclusive Q&A, the “On My Block” star reveals her beauty routine, makeup musts, & more
Q: Do you remember the first time you ever wore makeup?
A: I started wearing mascara and blush in sixth grade.
Q: My top three makeup “DOs” are:
1. Always curl your lashes before applying mascara.
2. Make sure you pencil in your eyebrows to create the arch.
3. Use contour powder for your cheekbones.
Q: My top three makeup “DON’Ts” are:
1. Don’t go to sleep at night without washing your makeup off! All the makeup and impurities from the day will seep into your pores as you sleep with your face on the pillow.
2. Make sure all of the mascara is removed from your lashes, or else your eyelashes could start breaking off.
3. Don’t overdo it! Remember, a natural look is always better than too much makeup!
Q: Do you ever look back at a makeup trend you tried and laugh about it?
A: The Cat Eyeliner trend! I tried it for a bit but felt waaaaayy overdone and not myself.
Q: Anything else you want to add?
A: Feel free in your own skin. You don’t need makeup as your safety blanket – you’re beautiful as you are.