Find out how you can get involved too!
“Stuck In The Middle” star Ronni Hawk is rallying to support a great cause, and wants to tell you all about it! As part of our #YSBnowGivesBack column, here is her story.
I am proud to say I support The Thirst Project. It is the world’s largest youth water organization. Almost 1 billion people on our planet lack access to safe, clean drinking water! We take going to fill a glass with water for granted. We lead a very privileged life in America and I want to make a difference to those in need. This summer, I’ll be helping build fresh water wells for those in need in Africa. Instead of talking about making a change, I want to be hands on in bringing a change and clean safe drinking water to those who desperately need it.
Here are some facts about The Thirst Project. You can get involved here.
- The Thirst Project is the world’s leading youth water activism organization. ?
- The organization builds fresh water wells in developing countries. ?
- The organization has already provided nearly 300,000 people obtain safe, clean drinking water through 1700 water projects in 13 countries in the last seven years. ?
- The Thirst Project “Road Warriors” travel across the country speaking to students of all ?ages on the importance of clean water.
- The organization has educated over 300,000 students about the water crisis.
Way to go, Ronni!
How do YOU give back? Let us know by tweeting @YSbnow.