11 Things You Need To Know About “A Wrinkle In Time” Star Storm Reid
With this new film, the actress is about to be your new fave: on-screen and off.
At 14 years old, Storm Reid has landed the film role of a lifetime. You’ll be able to catch her as Meg Murry in the buzzed-about new movie, “A Wrinkle In Time,” which hits theaters on March 9. You may have already read the iconic book, but it gets an unbelievable makeover for the big screen.
But before you get a chance to see the film for yourself, you’ve got to get to know Storm IRL – because she is pretty spectacular. We’re rounding 11 of our favorite facts about the star below.
1. First of all, Storm hopes to empower other girls through this role.
“It means everything to be a girl of color and play Meg Murry because Meg Murry is, in the books, a Caucasian little girl,” the actress told Entertainment Weekly. “It’s just surreal because I get to empower other little African-American girls around the world and say that you can be a superhero and you rock and you can conquer the world and you are beautiful just the way you are and your flaws are nothing and you’re awesome. It feels really good to be able to inspire not only little girls [but] everyone.”
2. Her first-ever film role was actually in an Oscar-winning movie. She played Emily in “12 Years a Slave.”
3. But, Storm has been in the industry since she was tiny! She has been modeling and doing commercials since age 3.
4. Storm is all about giving back – and has even dedicated her time to sharing her love of reading with other kids with organizations like First Book.
5. She has a DAY named after her! The mayor of Houston just declared 2/28/18 “Storm Reid Day.” How amazing is that?
6. From Fashion Week to the red carpet, Storm is always rocking bold fashions. She has even had custom-designed clothes made for her, which is #goals.
7. Great style runs in her family. Honestly, check out how glam her mom is. It’s no wonder Storm is always slaying on the red carpet.
8. Storm took her all-star “Wrinkle In Time” cast to Disney’s Magic Kingdom. Can you imagine getting on a ride with THIS squad?
9. The actress uses her voice and social media platform to speak up about the causes she cares about.
10. She credits the movie “Matilda” as the reason she knew she wanted to act. She watched it over and over again as a little kid!
11. Storm has a longtime love for the Disney Princess Tiana from “The Princess and the Frog.” We can see her being a Disney Princess herself one day!