The new ABC series is important for more reasons than one.
Here’s why we can’t wait to watch tonight at 8:30/7:30c on ABC!
1. First and foremost, the show is giving the job of a character with cerebral palsy to an actor who actually has it.
A lot of times, the entertainment industry will give jobs to well-known actors and then have them play characters with disabilities that they could find in actors that they choose not to hire. Major applause!
2. The show is based off of a real experience the show creator lived through, so we don’t have to worry about any incorrect portrayals of what it’s like to live with cerebral palsy. A second round of applause!
3. The show creator also produced “Friends” – a comedy classic! If you liked “Friends” then theres no doubt you should check out this show.
While it probably won’t be as zany and silly as the sitcom about six friends living in NYC, anyone who worked on that show will know what they’re doing in the land of TV.
4. The show has the Jimmy Kimmel stamp of approval. Watch him talk to the show’s star Minnie Driver here:
5. RJ Mitte’s words about disabilities are applauded by the show’s cast. RJ paved the way for a lot of actors with cerebral palsy with his iconic performance as Walter Jr. in the series Breaking Bad.
Speechless star Mason Cook claims the show is all about the accurate portrayal of disabilities.
The show is a heartwarming story of a family who would do anything for each other and if we cried from just the trailer, we’re pretty certain the actual series is going to pull at our heartstrings. Watch the trailer here: