Plus, six other fierce females who’ve done the same!
We absolutely adore Amandla Stenberg, and love seeing her on social media, in interviews and of course, in acting roles. Earlier this week, Amandla took to Instagram to reveal that she’d shaved her head for a new movie role. She captioned the above photo:
I just finished working on a film called Where Hands Touch…The story is about the experience of biracial children growing up in Nazi Germany. I shaved my head for the role. Feels really good. I feel so aerodynamic now. I’ve achieved ultimate speed. Hope your year is off to a good start. I know 2017 looks scary. I truly believe in the power of our words and the way we connect to each other. Sendin love your way.
This sounds life a powerful film and we can’t wait to see it. In the meantime, let’s look at other actresses who’ve chopped off their long locks for film roles:
1. Last month, Isabela Moner got a drastic cut before filming started for her new movie, “Soldado.”
2. Footage of Shailene Woodley’s “Fault In Our Stars” cut went viral:
Shai’s portrayal of Hazel landed her several accolades, including MTV Movie Awards and Teen Choice Awards.
3. Vanessa Hudgens “broke free” from the long locks she had in “High School Musical” when she scored the role of a pregnant teen in 2013’s “Gimme Shelter.”
4. In addition to the HSM movies, we love when “The Princess Diaries” plays on Disney Channel:
But its star, Anne Hathaway, also cut her hair super short when she scored the role of Fantine in “Les Miserables.”
5. And let’s not forget about Joey King, who shaved her head not once – but twice!
The first was for 2012’s “The Dark Knight Rises.”
And the last was about three years ago for “Wish I Was Here.”
6. But perhaps the most famous head shaving (at least that we saw replicated this past Halloween!) was Millie Bobby Brown:
Did we leave anyone off this list? Tweet us @ysbnow!