Happy 19th birthday Shawn!
Today’s a big day for Shawn Mendes: the Canadian singer is celebrating his 19th birthday! You read that right, it’s officially his last year as a teenager. Can you even believe it?! Shawn has accomplished so much in the span of his career, both musically and personally. From his inspiring charity work to his dedication to his loyal fans, Shawn has made such a positive impact in the world. So to commemorate his big day today, we’re rounding up just a few of the many reasons he deserves to have the sweetest birthday ever.
1. There’s nothing Shawn loves more than doing what he does best: performing for his fans.
2. He always works to encourage and support his fans right back. For example, his campaign with DoSomething called #NotesFromShawn was all about boosting others’ self-esteem.
3. Shawn is a WE Day ambassador, working to inspire young people who want to change the world.
4. Through his work with Pencils of Promise, Shawn was able to help build a school in Ghana. Talk about impressive!
5. Remember when he forgot to thank Ellen DeGeneres in an award acceptance speech, and he made up for it by bringing her flowers? Our hearts.
6. Shawn has been known to bust out his guitar to perform for fans, and has even visited children’s hospitals to brighten spirits with his songs.
7. Shawn proved to us that even our biggest, wildest dreams can come true if we work toward them. Remember when he performed with his longtime idol John Mayer?!
8. He also performed (and sold out!) at his DREAM venues, including MSG and the Staples Center.
9. He’s made his home country of Canada so proud. Remember when he met the Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau?
10. Shawn is inspiring his fans to give back to causes they care about too. In fact, this fan account even made a charity drive in celebration of his birthday this year.
Want to send Shawn your best? Make sure to tweet him your well-wishes using #HappyBirthdayShawn!