Don’t let anyone ever make you feel like you’re not good enough
Along the journey to success, there are many moments of failure. Every one of us – even celebrities – have experienced rejection at some point or another.
Here are ten singers who got turned down by reality competition shows like American Idol and The X Factor, but instead of quitting, they became even more determined, and used the rejection to fuel their passion for performing.
1. Long before he stumbled upon social media superstardom, Jacob Sartorius auditioned for “America’s Got Talent.” The “Up With It” singer rapped all the way through his audition that we wish was on YouTube! While Jacob didn’t make it through, he saw it as a positive experience because it made him realize how much he loves performing onstage! Fast forward a few short years, and Jacob is pretty much a household name – and literally on a billboard in Times Square:
2. In 2011, Cari Fletcher auditioned as a solo artist on Season 1 of “The X Factor.”
After the first round, producers put her in a country singing group, which took a ninth place finish. But the NJ native never gave up, amassing a loyal fan base as an indie artist with bops like “War Paint.”
And over the summer, she signed a major label deal with Capitol Records:
3. Last year, Bebe Rexha revealed that she didn’t even advance to judge’s auditions when she tried out for “American Idol.”
Over 1.7 billion YouTube views later, we think she’s doing pretty well for herself!
4. In 2014, Ella Mai was in a girl group that auditioned for “The X Factor” in England, but didn’t advance past the first round.
This past summer saw Ella garner her first MTV Video Music Award nom – and win the opening slot on Bruno Mars’ tour.
5. Daniel Seavey didn’t make it to the top eight on Season 14 of “American Idol.”
But he wouldn’t let that stop him! Now, he’s 1/5th of Why Don’t We:
6. Chance Perez was part of a group called The Boy Band Project in 2016. The trio didn’t make it on “America’s Got Talent.”
Luckily, he gave TV another “Chance” and is currently on his first headlining tour with In Real Life!
All of these six artists remind us to never give up on our dreams, no matter what anyone says! Rejection can be tough, but it makes success that much sweeter!