Get Zendaya’s Smokey Eyeshadow Look in 6 Simple Steps
Whether she’s making history as the youngest artist to ever win the “Best Actress in a Drama” category at the Emmy Awards, or launching her fashion collection with Tommy Hilfiger in NYC, Zendaya is always inspiring us. And while her remarkable talent, kind personality, and charitable efforts are at the top of our #ReasonsWeStanZendaya list, her glam is also always on point.
Case in point: When Z rocks a smokey eye.
Today we’re outlining how you can recreate her look at home – and on a budget – with some of our favorite products from NYX Cosmetics. Pro tip: When going for a dramatic eye makeup look, it is usually best to keep the rest of your face pretty simple (of course, it’s okay to apply foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, etc. if that’s part of your regular routine.)
- Brows – NYX Cosmetics Eyebrow Cake Powder, $6
- Eyeshadow – NYC Ultimate Shadow Palette in Smokey & Highlight, $18
- Lashes – NYX Wicked Lashes, $5
- Lips – NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream, $6.50
- Mascara – NYX Worth the Hype Mascara, $8
Once you have all your products, follow these 6 simple steps:
- To get started, you’ll first want to fill in your eyebrows. Try using the NYX Cake Powder with an angled brow brush, and be sure to use a soft hand when applying (you don’t want it to look like you drew them on!) If you don’t feel confident filling in your brows yourself, ask a friend to help or just skip this step!
- Next, apply a darker eyeshadow from the palette to your lid and lower lash line.
- Contour the crease of each eye.
- Then, apply a few coats of mascara to your upper and lower lashes.
- Once the mascara dries, apply false lashes with lash adhesive (makeup artist tip: Trim the ends of the fake lashes with a small pair of scissors, then apply a thin line of adhesive to the strip lash, and let it get tacky for about one minute. This will prevent the glue from sliding around.)
- Finally, apply a nude lipstick, cream or gloss of your choice!
(Photos via Instagram, makeup tips by artist Caitlyn Tuzzolino)