In an exclusive Q&A, the “Gamer’s Guide” star reveals her daily routine, fave products, & more
Q: Do you remember the first time you ever wore makeup?
A: As a dancer, I wore makeup for performances starting at a young age, but I didn’t start wearing it in my everyday life until middle school. I’m not certain how old I was, but I definitely wore a minimal amount, especially at first.
Q: My top three makeup “DOs” are:
1. Wash your brushes! This is such a simple task that almost all makeup-wearers are guilty of forgetting to do. Your brushes get so dirty over time, and while you might not realize it, this can be causing breakouts. So do yourself a favor and try to wash your brushes on a regular basis.
2. Brush your eyebrows with a spoolie brush to exfoliate them. Your eyebrows need exfoliation to prevent dead skin from leaving flakes on your brows.
3. Take your makeup off at the end of the day. Okay, so maybe this is more of a skincare tip than a makeup tip, but it is so important! Sleeping in your makeup is not good for your beautiful skin, so always remember to remove it.
Q: My top three makeup “DON’Ts” are:
1. Don’t go overboard with the foundation. Your skin doesn’t need that heavy, caked on foundation when you’re young, actually it’ll only make your skin worse. Keep it light and you will look fresh and feel better.
2. Don’t forget to blend your makeup! Eye makeup needs blending and face makeup needs blending. When you forget to blend, your makeup can look extremely harsh.
3. Do not forget to use a moisturizer with SPF in it. Sunscreen protects your skin from sun damage and over time, keeps it looking fresh and healthy.
Q: Do you ever look back at a makeup trend you tried and laugh about it?
A: Well I’m not sure if it was a necessarily a trend, but when I was younger and performed in dance recitals, we had certain makeup requirements. I had to wear this bright blue eye shadow on my lid with this bright red lipstick, and it was definitely not my best look – haha!
Q: My 3 favorite makeup products are:
1. Bare Minerals Original Foundation is my favorite foundation of all time. It’s so light and is one of the only foundations that doesn’t make my skin break out.
2. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette and Naked Ultimate Basics palette are my go-to palettes for eye shadow.
3. MAC lipstick in the color Velvet Teddy is my staple lipstick. MAC lipsticks are so amazing; I have too many colors because I just cannot get enough!
Q: Anything else you want to add?
The most important thing to know about makeup is that you do not need it to be beautiful. Makeup is there to be worn for fun, and you should never feel like you have to wear it because everyone else is or because you think you need it to look pretty. You ARE beautiful with or without makeup.
Watch more from our exclusive interview with Sophie below!