The Most Epic Handshakes In Pop Culture History
Did you know that today is National Handshake Day? From formal greetings to casual fist bumps and secret signals created with your BFFs, there are tons of ways to say hey through your handshakes – and many of your favorite celebs, movies, and TV shows know it! To celebrate this fun holiday, we’re rounding up some of our favorite handshakes that have ever gone down in pop culture.
1. Justin Bieber and Jimmy Fallon have an epic secret handshake that requires some serious choreography.
2. Troy and Chad have one of the best handshakes in HSM history:
3. The Handshake of Awesomeness showdown on “Girl Meets World” is still one of our favorite scenes from the series.
4. Arnold and Gerald’s signature thumb-wiggle handshake in “Hey Arnold” is truly iconic.
5. Miley and Lilly’s “BAM” handshake from “Hannah Montana” is so fun to try with your friends.
6. And okay, so Amber and Ashley’s “oooh, tsss!” handshake in “Hannah Montana” was infuriating, but we still kind of love it.
7. Remember when the Dolan Twins teamed up for this bizarre but hilarious handshake with Hunter March?
8. Okay, admit it: you’ve definitely wanted to try out the legendary “Parent Trap” handshake before.
9. Troy and Abed’s handshake was the ultimate sign of their bromance on “Community.”
10. All important deals should be commemorated with a moment like Maximus and Flynn’s scene in “Tangled.”
11. Always a classic, this “Teen Wolf” moment.
Written by Kristine Hope Kowalski