Almost five years ago, he posted his first YouTube vid ever!
It’s crazy to think that January will mark the five-year anniversary of Johnny’s first YouTube cover ever! Over the years, he’s worked so hard to go from cute kid trying out a new hobby to one of pop’s most promising young stars. He’s also one of the nicest people in the entire world! So on this #TransformationTuesday, we’re taking you through Johnny’s journey.
1. Johnny was only eight years old when he posted this cover of Justin Bieber’s holiday hit “Mistletoe.”
2. Just three months later, Johnny totally upped the production value on his rendition of JB’s “Boyfriend.”
3. Snapbacks became one of Johnny’s signature style accessories – here, he put his own spin on “Diamonds” by Rihanna:
4. In August 2013, Johnny ditched the hat and enlisted the help of his friends for his cover of 1D’s “Best Song Ever,” which would become his most successful vid yet:
5. Johnny’s March 2014 cover of Pharrell’s “Happy” made us, well, happy!
6. But his take on Taylor Swift’s “Bad Blood” took his musicianship and artistry to a whole new level:
7. A month later, Johnny followed it up with “Stitches,” which has since amassed over 22 million views!
8. Over the next few months, Johnny worked hard at a Los Angeles dance studio and showcased his choreography in his cover of Justin Bieber’s “Where Are U Now”
9. And this past summer, when Johnny released the video for his original song, “Let Go,” Entertainment Tonight called him the next Justin Bieber!
But we disagree – he is the first Johnny Orlando! Over the past five years, Johnny’s worked so hard to grow into the incredible performer he is today. Go behind-the-scenes of his journey in our exclusive cover story below!