From “Orange is the New Black” to “Grey’s Anatomy,” these stars are multi-faceted
It’s always unpredictable to guess which Disney stars will stick to their roots and continue to act the teen circuit and which will catapult into international stardom. Many of our favorite Disney actors and actresses are making a play for the latter, appearing on Network and Netflix TV dramas in order to expand their repertoire and to be seen as “serious” actors.
It’s fascinating to watch these actors we know and adore take on more serious roles. Watch the clips below and let us know your favorites (or any we missed!) by tweeting us @YSBnow.
1. Demi Lovato as a patient with schizophrenia on “Grey’s Anatomy.”
2. Sabrina Carpenter as a mean girl on “Orange is the New Black.”
3. Debby Ryan as Laura’s shady sister on “The Mysteries of Laura.”
4. Cameron Boyce as an abuse victim on “Code Black.”
5. Dove Cameron as Jane’s daughter on “The Mentalist.”
6. Sterling Knight as a really, really bad friend on “Grey’s Anatomy.”
7. Bradley Steven Perry as Charlie on “Without a Trace.”
8. Raven Symone as Olivia on “Empire.”
9. Jake Thomas as Hugh on “Cold Case.”
10. Brenda Song as Angie on “Pure Genius.”