From her first guest starring roles to her foray into music, let’s watch her evolution!
If you’ve ever visited YSBnow, you know how much we love Laura Marano! It’s been amazing to see her grow up through the years and watch her incredible journey unfold. Let’s go back to where it all began!
1. While most of us first became familiar with Laura from her hilarious role of Ally Dawson, she started out being cast in serious roles! In 2003, she booked a recurring role on the CBS drama, “Without a Trace.”
2. CBS casting directors saw how awesome she was, and booked her in a guest starring role on “Joan of Arcadia” just one year later!
3. Then, she played a young version of Debra on the award-winning Showtime series, “Dexter.” (BTW, this show is pretty intense and scary, so if you wanna watch it, get a parent’s permission! Seriously!)
4. Shortly before nabbing her “Austin & Ally” role, Laura guest starred in a 2010 episode of ABC’s “Flashforward.”
5. And then, in 2011, we were introduced to Ally Dawson – and we were never the same 😉
6. “Austin & Ally” aired for five years and over the course of the series, we got to hear Laura’s beautiful voice!
7. While Laura was filming the last season of the show, she landed a deal with Big Machine Records! This past spring, we got to hear her debut single, “Boombox.”
Laura’s KILLING IT! And success couldn’t come to a sweeter person. Laura’s first 10 years in Hollywood have been incredible – and we can’t wait to see what the future holds! Watch Laura share more in this exclusive interview from her YSBnow cover shoot!