The “Modern Family” star is setting an amazing example not just for her nieces, but for girls everywhere
She’s best known for playing one of our favorite characters on television, the oh-so-relatable Alex Dunphy. But it’s what the Modern Family star does off set that makes her our WCW. From her fierce commitment to women’s and LGBTQ rights, to her fearlessness in handling bullies to her focus on education, Ariel is simply awesome. “To empower young women, you have to be that example,” she shares. Ariel also wants to set an example for her two young nieces. “It’s important for me to promote body positivity to them because they go to school and kids use the word fat all the time…I show them that I’m confident and feel good about myself and that’s the best way to teach them.”
These 10 Instagram posts show why Ariel Winter is our #WCW:
1. She’s always posting inspiring quotes that give us that push we need to get through the day:
2. She loves her on-screen family like they’re her real-life family:
3. She supports women and always promotes body positivity:
4. She’s working to help end the stigma associated with mental illness.
5. She uses her celebrity platform to uplift others, like 6-year-old cancer patient Lucas, who wanted to receive cards on his birthday!
6. Ariel consistently reminds us to love ourselves! “My message to all young girls is simple,” she says. “LOVE YOURSELF! Love yourself the way you deserved to be loved: unconditionally, respecting your needs, and for ALL that you are.”
7. Her recent response to trolls who were criticizing her fashion choices was so real – and so true:
8. She always stays positive:
We love you, Ariel!