You can’t stop the beat!
If you didn’t already know, a live adaptation of the 2002 Broadway musical Hairspray is in the works and will broadcast on NBC this December 7 at 8pm EST. Starring Ariana Grande, Jennifer Hudson, Derek Hough and Dove Cameron among other incredible performers, the show will definitely have us all singing and dancing along from home!
We love Hairspray and the cast of the televised production, so here are 10 reasons why we are beyond excited for them to go live next month!
1. Because the costumes are perfectly ’60s inspired:
2. Because Ariana Grande’s Penny Pingleton hair is too cute:
3. Because Shahadi Wright Joseph, who plays Little Inez, is a queen:
4. Because the cast did the Mannequin Challenge and it was amazing:
5. Because the choreographed numbers are going to be ~flipping~ amazing:
6. Because we totally live for Dove Cameron’s selfies with our faves Garrett Clayton and Ariana Grande:
7. Because Dove playing mean girl Amber Von Tussle is going to be so fun to watch:
8. Because Derek Hough’s Corny Collins dance moves surely won’t disappoint:
9. Because the cast is working so hard in rehearsals:
10. Because the musical shines a light on unity:
December 7 can’t come soon enough!